Pages

5.10.2009

bringing it.

"i don't want to arrive at the pearly gates wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coifed, or with perfectly manicured fingernails...
...I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt, with childrens sticky kisses on my cheeks, and tears on my shoulder...
...I want the Lord to know I was really here and that i really lived."
excerpts from: "I Really Lived"
by Marjorie Hinckley 

...and freckles on my shoulders from playing out in the sunshine
...and aches in my joints from piggy back rides to bed
...and lines around my eyes from laughing through life

*but hopefully not poop under my fingernails...cause i don't think God would appreciate that ;) 

Happy Mothers day to all that have, all that are, and all that ever will be mothers! 



5 comments:

Krista said...

great quote and add on! cute pic with your kiddos too.

Anonymous said...

those are beautiful words.
i want to arrive that way too.
just doing the "work" He has put before me!

Anonymous said...

i loved this! cute post and thank you for wishing me a happy mothers day... im a furbaby mom but i hope to be a mother to some babies some day {soon}! happy mothers day!

Anonymous said...

I can skip the poo under the fingernails too but everything else you said, and that quote, is awesome!

Anonymous said...

this pic is seriously adorable.

thanks for checking out my blog!
i'll be stopping by yours often for inspiration!

*c
ourrockedworld.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...