Pages

2.27.2014

the animal inside

In true curb trash stalker fashion I snagged this sad derelict bassinet, sawed off the broken rocking legs (with my teeth, in a crazed excitement) and then got distracted and threw it in our playhouse where it lived for about 2 years serving mostly as a sandy catch all, and if you ask me a perfect place for stray neighborhood cats to deliver their babies.


Every once in a while, with the will of a thousand toddlers, I get the urge to paint furniture. Faster than you can say HOA nightmare, ALL the things end up in my driveway where I alternate painting projects in between coats. The process starts as an innocent spur of the moment Saturday decizshe and usually turns into one couch and a chained rottweiler short of a 2 week white trash lawn party.  In short, crap gets done. And then little back burner projects like obsolete/haunted house baby beds get a second chance at life.

As much as I like to spray paint for a quick fix, the blue on this was a saturated beast. I blew through two cans of spray paint before I realized I would need about 40 more cans to cover it all. Instead I used my critter sprayer and a used air compressor I recently scored for $100 bucks. I threw about three coats of a sunny yellow I had in my garage (from another forgotten project obvi). So much faster (and cheaper) why do I fight it?! Then I covered the inner board with some batting and ikea fabric I bought a year or two ago for like 5 bucks aaaand...

Now my kids have a place to keep *all their stuffed animals where I will hate them just slightly less ;) 

(*only about 1/5 of them pictured, waahhh)






team Boo 's you

1 comment:

robin said...

I loooove it! please come complete my many curbside trash projects...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...